This agreement (the “Agreement”) is a binding agreement between the (“you” or “author”)
and DL Bookstore
This Agreement provides the terms and conditions of your participation in the selling of your Print or Digital Book (s) at our physical store or online shop (dlbookstore.com/books/), and consists of the terms set forth below.
1. AGREEMENT ACCEPTANCE. You accept this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms by either clicking agree or accept where you’re given the option to do so. If you don’t accept the terms, you are not entitled to sell your Print or Digital book (s) at our physical store or online shop.
2. AGREEMENT AMENDMENT. The terms of this Agreement might change over time. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion. We will give you notice of the changes by sending an email to the email address then registered for receiving your monthly sales report, with a revision date indicated. If you do not agree to the changes, you must withdraw your books from further selling, and terminate your agreement with us.
3. TERM AND TERMINATION. The terms of this Agreement will begin upon your acceptance of it and will continue until it is terminated by us or by you. We are entitled to terminate this Agreement and return your Print or Digital Book (s) at any time. We will notify you upon termination. You are entitled to terminate at any time by providing us notice of termination, in which event we will cease selling your Print or Digital Book (s) within 5 business days from the date you provide us notice of termination.
4. BOOK SELLING RIGHTS
4.1. DELIVERY AND SELLING
4.1.1 Delivery. You must provide to us, at your own expense Print or Digital Books, at least 5 copies for Print Books and 50 copies for Digital Books, you desire us to sell at our physical store or online shop. You must deliver all electronic files free and clear of viruses, worms and other potentially harmful or disrupting code. For delivery of Print Books, you should use this address; DL Bookstore, Arusha, +255 787 163 013 to write on the parcel or make a visit at our physical store. Once your Print or Digital Book (s) is received, you will receive Goods Received Note as our confirmation and for your reference.
4.1.2 Selling of Digital Books. When a Digital Book is purchased, it will be delivered to the buyer through an email or WhatsApp number provided when making that purchase. We will not be held accountable if the buyer shares your Digital Book (s) with other people through emails or WhatsApp or any other means.
4.2. MARKETING AND PROMOTION. If we request that you provide additional information such as front book cover, few sample pages for us to read, a quick sketchy summary of the book relating to your Print or Digital Books, you will promptly provide the information requested, and you represent and warrant that any information and documentation you provide to us in response to such a request will be current, complete, and accurate. You authorize us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider appropriate to verify your rights to permit the marketing and promotion of the Print or Digital Books and the accuracy of the information or documentation you provide to us with respect to those rights.
4.3.1 Providing Your List Price. You will provide a list price for each Print or Digital Book you provide or submit to us. You may change your List Price any time you wish and inform us, and your change will be effective within 5 business days.
4.3.2 Currency Conversion. We may sell your Digital Book (s) in other countries using foreign currencies. When we do, we will convert the List Price you submit to other currencies (each, a “Sale Currency”) at an exchange rate we determine. We may periodically update the converted List Price in order to reflect current exchange rates. The converted List Price in the Sale Currency will be your List Price when we offer and sell your Digital Book (s) in the Sale Currency. For example, your Royalties will be calculated based on the converted List Price in the Sale Currency.
4.4. ROYALTIES AND PAYMENTS
4.4.2 When We Pay You. DL Bookstore will pay Royalties due on Print or Digital Book sales upon request provided that we have sold some copies of your book, at least one Print or Digital Book at the end of the month. We will also make available to you a monthly online report detailing sales of Print or Digital Books and corresponding Royalties.
4.4.3 Payment Currencies. All payment will be on Tanzanian Shillings (TZS) even if your Print or Digital Book (s) was sold in other currencies.
4.4.5 Payment Policies. We may require you to provide certain information or to register a valid bank account in order to receive Royalty payments, in which case we will not be obligated to make Royalty payments to you unless you do so. You will be paid only 70% of the amount for any Print or Digital Book sold while 30% is our commission with which sometimes we use to deliver Print Book (s) to the buyer. We may establish other payment policies from time to time, such as minimum payment amounts for different payment methods and check fees.
4.4.6 Payment Disputes. You may not bring a suit or other legal proceeding against us with regard to any statement unless you bring it within six months after the date the statement is available. Any such proceeding will be limited to a determination of the amount of monies, if any, payable by us to you for the accounting periods in question, and your sole remedy will be the recovery of those monies with no interest.
5. FORCE MAJEURE. DL Bookstore will not be liable to you for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement caused by any event or circumstance beyond its control, including, but not limited to, denial-of-service attacks, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, and labor conditions.
6. ARBITRATION. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to the interpretation or execution of this Agreement or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof shall be settled amicably between the parties, failing of which an arbitrator shall be appointed by the parties, whose award shall be final and binding on the parties. The venue of arbitration shall be (insert a venue for arbitration) and the language of arbitration shall be English or Swahili
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Effective Date: December 13, 2021
Cart is empty.